Is Brazilian Butt Lift Dangerous?
Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is one of the most popular plastic surgeries among many who want to improve their self-confidence and body image. You are at the right place if you’re looking to achieve those with a curvier and more attractive figure.
The butt lift procedure involves transferring fat from one part of the body to the buttocks to enhance their shape and size. Commonly the fat is transferred from the abdomen, hips, and thighs. BBL is different from buttock implants, which involve placing silicone objects under the skin and has a much more serious after care.
BBL is generally safe, but it's vital to choose a skilled surgeon to minimize the risk of complications. Much like how choosing the right hair specialist can easily avoid unnecessary pain during hair transplant surgery, the same applies to Brazilian butt lift. When it comes to medical procedures, prioritizing cost savings may lead to irreversible results, with complications such as infection, bleeding, or scarring stemming from improper techniques.
Before/After the Butt Lift Surgery
BBL surgery is a two-step process that involves liposuction and fat injection. The surgery usually takes about two to four hours and is performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation.
First, the surgeon removes excess fat from areas such as the abdomen, thighs, hips, or back using a thin tube called a cannula. The fat is then processed and purified to remove any impurities and blood. Next, the surgeon injects the fat into the buttocks using small syringes or cannulas. The fat is distributed evenly and strategically to create a natural-looking and symmetrical result.
Post Brazilian Butt Lift
The recovery time varies depending on the individual, but most patients can resume normal activities within two to four weeks. However, some precautions are necessary to ensure proper healing and avoid complications. For example, patients should avoid sitting or lying on their buttocks for at least six weeks after the surgery. They should also wear a compression garment to reduce swelling and bruising and follow the post-operative instructions given by their surgeon.
How dangerous Is BBL?
Like any surgery, BBL has some inherent risks and complications that should not be ignored. Some of the possible complications of BBL are:
- Infection: This can occur if bacteria enter the surgical site or the injected fat. Infection can be treated with antibiotics or drainage, but in some cases it may require additional surgery or fat removal.
- Bleeding: This can occur during or after the surgery if a blood vessel is damaged or if the patient has a bleeding disorder or takes blood-thinning medications. Bleeding can be stopped with pressure or sutures, but in some cases it may require a blood transfusion or surgery.
- Fat embolism: This is a rare but serious complication that occurs when fat droplets enter the bloodstream and travel to vital organs such as the lungs or brain. Fat embolism can be prevented by using small cannulas and injecting small amounts of fat at a time.
- Fat necrosis: This occurs when some of the injected fat dies due to lack of blood supply or infection. Fat necrosis can be treated with massage, ultrasound, steroids, or surgery.
- Asymmetry: This occurs when one buttock is larger or higher than the other due to uneven fat distribution or absorption. Asymmetry can be corrected with revision surgery or fat grafting.
- Scarring: This occurs when the skin heals after liposuction or fat injection. Scars are usually small and fade over time, but they may be visible or keloid (raised and thickened) in some cases. Scarring can be minimized by using proper wound care and scar creams.
How Dangerous Is Brazilian Butt Lift?
According to a study by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the mortality rate of BBL is estimated to be 1 in 3,000. To reduce the risk of complications, it is important to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon who follows the safety guidelines closely. These include limiting the amount of fat injected, avoiding injecting fat into the muscle layer, using proper equipment and techniques, and monitoring the patient closely after surgery.
At Welfare Abroad, we're committed to ensuring your medical journey is as smooth as possible. We provide comprehensive support, beginning with helping you identify the perfect medical solution tailored to your needs. To ensure a seamless transition, we arrange all logistics well in advance of your arrival, including the coordination of a private chauffeur for airport pick-ups and drop-offs.
Our services extend to organizing your stay at a comfortable hotel. Furthermore, to make your hospital visits less daunting, we assign a dedicated patient host to accompany you throughout your appointments. We're with you at every step, making your wellbeing our priority.
Arrange your medical travel with a locally registered trustworthy company for hassle-free planning and lifelong aftercare support. Contact us for an assessment based on photos and a quote!